PROGRAMS & FACILITATION
Youth for Christ believe in Experiential or Active Learning and strive to make our programmes and activities both educational and fun. Active (or experiential) learning is based on the premise that much of what is learned is constructed through people’s own active participation in the learning task and through personal experience. Experiential and active learning can best be described as learning by living through problems followed by reflection and adjusted behaviour or values.
“Tell me, and I’ll forget. Show me, and I may remember. Involve me, and I’ll understand!”
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT OUR FACILITATION…
- We provide educational adventures and programming for young people aged 8 – 30 and the young at heart.
- Our programmes are designed to meet your objectives and are personalised for each group, but we need to speak to you BEFORE your camps starts in order to make this to happen!
- We like to be innovative and constantly design and incorporate new activities to enhance group experience and offer variety for returning groups.
- We use many adventure activities to take people out of their comfort zone but can also facilitate group or individual activities to create the same effect.
- You can choose between a FULLY facilitated program (We run the whole camp according to your outcomes) or ACTIVITY Facilitation (We assist you in running your own program with various activities. See Activity list below)
We seek to partner schools in running dynamic Life Orientation programs which are part of the schools’ curriculum. We present students with certificates which they can add to their portfolios and C.V’s as part of our “Extreme Life” school service.
Extreme Life certificated courses included all of the programmes mentioned below: (We can facilitate the following sessions as part of your camp and incorporate the fun)
- Who am I? (Self Leadership – you cannot lead people if you cannot lead yourself!)
- No Man is an Island (Teambuilding dynamics)
- Roadmap (Goal Setting & Dreams)
- You can’t do that to me! (Values)
- Perfecting the cheat (Leadership)
- Grief and Loss
- It’s my culture… (Cultural diversity)
If you prefer to do your own programme, there are various activities to choose from:
These activities will depend on the time available, the size of the group and of course, weather conditions! Please speak to us for the best advice!
- Various Hikes (Ranging from easy to strenuous)
- Night hiking
- Abseiling (approximately 20m)
- Foofie slide
- Bridge Swing (approximately 13m)
- Interactive cooking experiences (Potjie Challenge)
- Obstacle Course / Low Ropes Course
- Climbing wall (Various levels of difficulty)
- Various games for all ages
- Big group programmes – ideal for families / adults and kids of all ages. (Current themes:Minute to Win it!)
CHRISTIAN BASED PROGRAMS
- Resources from Andy Stanley
- Your Move – 4 Guidelines to making hard decisions
- Destinations – In life we win or lose by the paths we choose
- 5 things God use to make your faith grow
- Resources from Movies:
- Princes Diaries – camp for girls (10-14 yrs old) based on story of Ester
- To Save a Life – camp for high school kids on bullying
- Amazing Grace – camp for High school kids on make a change in the world!
These are just examples of programs we have run before but can design any program as the need arise.
To speak to Facilitation Coordinator please contact:
(014) 576 2131