Safety, Health & Environment
The safety and security of all our guests are of paramount importance to us at Cyara. Our venue is health and safety compliant and our group leaders are all trained in CPR and our emergency procedures.
All the facilities and activities at Cyara can only be used under the supervision of one of our facilitators to ensure that the safety standards are maintained.
We have health care facilities on the property for minor ailments and we ask that teachers/parents/consellors take care of other more serious medical issues and medication. We will assist in any way that we can.
Please ensure that all guests have their own hats and sunscreen for protection from the sun
The management of Youth for Christ – Cyara Training Centre, striving for excellence in all we do, recognises the impact that our activities may have on people and the environment.
To implement and maintain, as far as is reasonably practical, the activities of the organisation in such a manner, as to prevent harm or damage to persons and property respectfully.
We are committed to:
• Conducting our business with respect and care for people and the environment
• Responsible utilisation of natural resources
• Continually improving our safety, health and environmental performance
• Complying, as a minimum, with all applicable legal and other agreed requirements
• Promoting dialogue with stakeholders about safety, health and environmental performance
We will achieve these by:
• Implementing safety, health, environmental management systems
• Informing and appropriately training all employees and contractors on safety, health and environmental matters
• Responding effectively to safety, health and environmental emergencies involving our activities and products
• As far as reasonably practicable, providing appropriate resources required to implement the above